Infused with fresh mint and three types of citrus juices, this sweet syrup is a great way to add flavor to cocktails and teas.
- 1 bunch mint (approximately 3 ounces, rinsed, with roots trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
Gather the ingredients.
Place the mint, juice, sugar and water in a small saucepan stir and bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved and syrup is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool.
Remove the mint and transfer to an air-tight container.
Refrigerate syrup until ready to use in a cocktail such as the Dragon's Heart.
- This can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.