This Mirabelle plum clafouti recipe, also known as clafouti aux mirabelles, uses the delicious addition of dainty yellow plums swirled into the traditional custard cake. Mirabelle plums are delicately scented, popular for their tart, tangy skin, and juicy, sweet flesh. Their uniquely sweet, tart, and spicy flavor makes a wonderful focal point in jams, tarts, cakes, and spirits.
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Mirabelle plums (yellow plum), sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar (powdered)
- Preheat an oven to 350F. Butter a 9-inch by 9-inch square baking dish or a 9-inch deep-dish pie round with the softened butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, flour, eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until it forms a smooth, thin batter. Spread 3/4 cup of the batter onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish and bake it for 2-4 minutes. Watch the batter closely and remove it before it cooks through completely. It should start to thicken and set when it is removed from the oven.
- Transfer the dish to a heatproof surface and arrange the plums over the hot batter. Pour the remaining batter over the nectarines and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the confectioners’ sugar over the finished clafouti and serve it warm.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|