- 1 liter full cream/ whole milk
- 3-4 tbsps yogurt
- 250 gms sugar
- Boil the milk in a heavy-bottomed pan, on a medium flame till it is reduced to half its original volume. Stir frequently to prevent the milk from scorching. When done, cool the milk till it is just lukewarm.
- Put the sugar in another pan and heat over a low flame to melt. Allow the sugar to caramalize (brown). Remove from the fire when done, add the reduced milk to this caramalized sugar and mix well to blend.
- When the milk and sugar are thoroughly mixed, add the yogurt to the mixture and stir gently to mix.
- Pour into the desired container and keep in a warm dark spot for the Mishti Doi to set. The best taste results are achieved by setting the Mishti Doi in a earthenware pot.
- When the Mishti Doi has set and is firm, chill for a few hours and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|