|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
A great appetizer recipe for a party or holiday gathering.
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1/3 cup chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1-lb) round loaf French bread
In mixing bowl, combine shredded cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, chopped ham, chile peppers, green onions, and Worcestershire sauce; stir until well blended. Set dip aside.
Cut a thin slice from top of bread loaf; set slice aside. Using a gentle sawing motion, cut vertically to, but not through, bottom of the loaf, 1/2 inch from the edge, to cut out center of bread. Lift out center of loaf; cut into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
Fill hollowed bread loaf with the dip; cover with reserved top slice of bread loaf. Wrap reserved loaf with foil. Bake dip at 350° degrees for 1 hour.
Serve with reserved bread cubes, crackers, or potato chips.
Makes about 4 cups of dip.