Use espresso powder or instant coffee in these wonderful buttery cookies. Cocoa powder and the coffee powder together give these cookies intense flavor, and the chopped pecans give them a nice crunchy texture.
If you like rich chocolate flavor, you will love these cookies!
- 1 cup butter, 8 ounces (softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups flour (sift before measuring)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans (finely chopped)
- Garnish: sifted powdered sugar for decorating the cooled cookies
- Heat the oven to 325° F (165° C/Gas 3).
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light.
- Add coffee powder, cocoa, flour, salt, and finely chopped pecans; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls
- place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Cool then roll in sifted powdered sugar.
When making cookies, make a double batch and freeze half of the baked (undecorated) cookies for up to 6 months.
Put them on a baking sheet for about 5 minutes in a 325° F oven, and then roll in the powdered sugar when cool.
Freeze the shaped cookies on a cookie sheet in a single layer, then put the frozen dough balls in a bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Be sure to place a note in the bag with baking directions. Thaw before baking.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|