|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 33g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Mocha lovers will fall for this fabulous vodka martini. The mochatini has all the flavors that make a mocha latte spectacular, including chocolate and coffee with a hint of vanilla. It's a fantastic afternoon cocktail and may soon become your new favorite.
There's no need to brew coffee for this cocktail. Instead, it uses a coffee liqueur, which is paired with your favorite chocolate liqueur as well as a vanilla vodka. The three ingredients come together wonderfully and the recipe really could not get any easier!
Finely grated white chocolate, for rimming
Granulated sugar, for rimming
1 1/2 ounces vanilla vodka
1 1/2 ounces coffee liqueur
3/4 ounce chocolate liqueur
Gather the ingredients.
Combine the grated white chocolate and sugar in a small plate. Pour a bit of one of the liqueurs into another small plate. Then, dip the rim of the cocktail glass into the liqueur to wet it.
Then, roll the wet rim of the glass into the chocolate and sugar mixture to finish the rimming of the glass.
Pour the vodka and liqueurs into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Strain into the prepared glass.
- There are many coffee liqueurs that can be used in this drink. Kahlua is the most popular, though you may also enjoy it with Firelit, Patron Cafe, or Tia Maria.
- For the chocolate liqueur, there are a number of possibilities. Crème de cacao is a sweet option that comes in both white and dark varieties. You can also use the delicious liqueurs from chocolatiers like Godiva and Dorda. Some of the liqueurs are creamy and that will affect (not in a bad way) the texture of the drink.
- The mochatini is an excellent excuse for DIY liquors. The vanilla vodka is very easy to make, requiring a single vanilla bean and three to four days for the infusion. It's also easy to make homemade coffee liqueur, though you'll need to plan for a 10-day infusion.
- Switch the vodka out for a vanilla rum or whiskey if you like. The flavor is relatively easy to find in both spirits and will add more dimension to the cocktail's taste.
- Coffee (most often espresso) vodka is an alternative to the coffee liqueur. It's also an easy flavor for an infusion—use coffee-infused bourbon as an inspiration—and works well with both vodka and rum.
How Strong Is a Mochatini?
The final alcohol content of your mochatini is going to depend on the liquors you pour as each ingredient comes in a variety of strengths. On average, you can expect it to be a fairly strong cocktail, shaking up to somewhere around 24 percent ABV (48 proof). It definitely has more of an alcohol kick than a coffee punch!