|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 11g|
|Vitamin C 9mg||43%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Passion fruit and vanilla are mixed with a fine Champagne to create the elegant Moët golden glamour cocktail. This drink recipe was created for the 82nd Annual Academy Awards in 2010 as Moët & Chandon Imperial Champagne is the "exclusive champagne" of the star-studded parties. It has not lost its appeal over the years and remains an elegant option for any special occasion. You can also serve it at your Oscar viewing party to give it that Hollywood sparkle.
The recipe is incredibly easy to mix up. It doesn't require a cocktail shaker or any special bar tools, either; just a glass and the ingredients! Despite its simplicity, it offers a fascinating taste, with the vanilla and passion fruit putting a new spin on the average Champagne cocktail.
1/4 ounce vanilla liqueur
1 1/2 ounces passion fruit juice
4 ounces sparkling wine
Fresh mint sprig, for garnish
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a champagne coupe, pour the vanilla liqueur and passion fruit juice.
Top with Champagne.
Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.
- There are a few options available for the vanilla liqueur. Bols Vanilla offers one of the cleanest (as in vanilla-only) options.
- Galliano, Licor 43, and Tuaca are good choices as well. Each of those includes other flavoring ingredients—primarily herbs and botanicals—which will add a nice depth to the drink.
- You can also make your own vanilla liqueur. It's as easy as making a vanilla-flavored syrup then using that to sweeten brandy or vodka.
- For the passion fruit juice, you can either make it from fresh passion fruit or buy it at the store. The second option can be difficult because it's often included in a blend with other tropical fruits. Look for straight passion fruit juice within natural and international food sections at the grocery store or at specialty markets.
- A lemon peel or twist makes a fabulous garnish substitute.
- Switch to a rosé Champagne if you like. Moët & Chandon makes a wonderful rosé and the soft red fruit flavor is a fantastic pairing for passion fruit.
- Pour a vanilla vodka or rum instead of the liqueur. The vodka is incredibly easy to find from many brands and a few rum producers offer it (e.g., Admiral Nelson and Cruzan).
- Mango and papaya are good alternatives to passion fruit and would be fabulous in this cocktail. You could even use pineapple juice to retain that tropical taste.
How Strong Is a Golden Glamour Cocktail?
This cocktail is delightfully low-proof and will be just a little lighter than the sparkling wine you pour. For instance, with the average 30-proof vanilla liqueur and Moët & Chandon Imperial Champagne (12 percent ABV), it mixes up to just 9 percent ABV (18 proof).