These delicious cornbread muffins are slightly sweet, and the butter, sour cream, and honey make them wonderfully moist and rich.
Serve the muffins with breakfast or brunch along with butter and jam, or serve them with lunch or dinner. They're awesome with chili, beans, or greens.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat the oven to 425° F (220° C/Gas 7). Grease muffin cups (10 to 12) or line with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir to blend thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar. Whisk in eggs until well blended. Add the milk and sour cream, along with the honey; whisk to blend.
- Stir in the dry mixture until well blended.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until nicely browned.
*These muffins are slightly sweet. If you prefer a savory muffin, cut back on the sugar or omit. If you prefer a sweet muffin, add another tablespoon or two of sugar.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|