This is a richly-flavored sauce with some definite heat to it. If you don't want it spicy, omit the serrano chile or substitute with a milder pepper. This sauce works well on chicken, pork, and beef ribs.
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) molasses
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) ginger (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool for 15 minutes before using. Store sauce in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 7 days after preparation.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|