These popcorn balls are made with sorghum molasses syrup. It may not sound good, at first, but once you taste it you'll realize this is a perfectly good alternative to regular popcorn balls, which are usually made with caramel.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pure sorghum syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 tbsp. butter for hands (or as needed)
1. In a 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, sorghum syrup, water, salt, and butter.
2. Cook to the hard ball stage (about 250° on candy thermometer), stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat. Working quickly, stir in popped corn and turn into a buttered pan.
4. With buttered hands, shape into balls and place on waxed paper to cool.
You Might Also Like
Pumpkin Seed Brittle