These sweet and savory little monte cristo sliders feature creamy brie, thinly sliced turkey and ham, tangy raspberry jam and crusty French bread. And instead of deep frying the entire sandwich, like some monte cristos are made, this sandwich is grilled on the stove with salted butter. These little sliders may not be the healthiest of options, but they're super tasty and little so you don't have to feel bad about eating them.
To see the original post and to view step-by-step recipes, please visit the original post on GrilledCheeseSocial.com.
- For the batter:
- 1 egg
- Splash of milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- For the Sliders:
- 1 wedge of Wisconsin Brie cheese
- 2 tbsp. raspberry jam
- Several slices of turkey and ham
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 4 slices French bread
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Begin by making the French toast batter. Whisk together an egg, 1 splash of milk, a little bit of cinnamon, 1 splash of vanilla and 1 tsp brown sugar.
- Put the mixture in a shallow bowl so that there's about a half inch of batter distributed in the bowl.
- Next make the 2 sliders. Begin by smearing each of the 4 rounds of French bread with a little bit of jam.
- Now evenly distribute the brie to each of the baguette rounds. Add a layer of turkey, ham, and a couple of green onion to half of the rounds. Take the other two halves and close up the sandwich. Set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet, melt a pat of butter. Meanwhile, gently dip all 4 sides of the sliders in the batter for about 15 seconds so they can soak up the mixture.
- Fry each side of the sandwich in the butter for a few minutes until it looks like french toast. Once every side is cooked, top the sandwich with a little bit of powdered sugar and serve!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||218 g|
|Saturated Fat||84 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||67 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|