- 20 dried morel mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups/360 mL hot water
- 1/4 cup/60 mL dry red wine
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL powdered cloves
Place dried morel mushrooms in large bowl. Pour 1 1/2 cups/360 mL of hot water over mushrooms. Cover bowl and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Remove mushrooms from bowl reserving liquid. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside. Strain liquid to remove impurities. Do this twice if necessary. This mushroom broth will be the base of your sauce. Reserve 1 cup/240 mL of mushroom broth.
Heat olive oil in pan and add chopped shallots.
Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Add mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce, wine, salt, and black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, Slowly add 1/4 cup of mushroom broth to mushroom giving it time to cook down. Add cloves and thyme toward end of cooking time. Once cooked through and sauce has reduced, remove from heat and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|