|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 31g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin C 8mg||40%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Kebabs are a great way to enjoy meat, seafood, and or vegetables on the grill. These Moroccan-spiced fish kebabs are easy to make and bring a depth of flavor to any white fish. The paprika, turmeric, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro add both color and spice. You can serve these fish kebabs by themselves as appetizers, or serve them over rice with grilled vegetables for a complete meal.
Cut fish into 1 inch squares. Place pieces in a resealable plastic bag.
In a small bowl, place remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Pour this mixture into the bag with fish. Seal bag, rotate to mix thoroughly and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove fish from bag and discard marinade. Thread fish onto skewers.
Place fish kebabs on the grill and cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Once fish turns opaque and flakes easily, and reaches an internal temperature of 145 F to 150 F, remove from grill and serve.
- You can use wood or metal skewers to make the kabobs. If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least an hour before threading fish to avoid burning them on the grill.
- When choosing a fish for this recipe, make sure you select one that is meaty and firm; a thin, delicate fish (like flounder or sole) will fall apart either while trying to thread onto the skewers or on the grill. Good types of fish to choose are swordfish, halibut, mahi-mahi, striped bass, yellowtail snapper, monkfish, and kingfish.
- It will be easier to cut the fish into cubes if you purchase fish steaks. If you plan to buy a thinner fish, make sure it has its skin as this will help keep the fish intact. It is also important to cut the fish into equal sized cubes so all of the pieces cook in the same amount of time.
- When threading onto the skewer, be sure to leave space between each piece of fish. It will cook slower and unevenly if the food is touching each other. Also, make sure to marinate the fish cubes no longer than 30 minutes as the acid in the lime juice can begin to break down the flesh or even start to cook the fish.
- If you'd like to add vegetables to the skewers, peppers, onion, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes are all good choices. Just be sure to cut them a similar size to the fish and do not crowd the skewers.
- This is a simple and tasty fish marinade. To change the flavors, just change the herbs and spices to match your liking.
- For an Italian take, use parsley instead of cilantro and omit the paprika, turmeric, and chili powder. Add in dried oregano, rosemary, or thyme instead.
- For a Mexican twist, use lime juice instead of lemons. Swap the paprika and turmeric for cumin and cinnamon.