|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||31%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This mild Moroccan marinade for steak can be used when grilling, broiling, or cooking in a grill pan. Try using it to add flavor to tenderloin cuts, or to tenderize sirloin or flank steaks. Double the quantity of olive oil and lemon juice if you'd like enough marinade to serve as a sauce.
Allow up to 6 hours for the meat to marinate.
- 1 kg (2 pounds 3 ounces) steak
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed or very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and add the meat, stirring to make sure the marinade is coating each steak evenly.
Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
Grill, broil, or cook the steaks in a grill pan with high heat, turning once until your desired doneness is reached.
Allow the steaks to sit several minutes before serving.
- If you've increased the olive oil and lemon juice to make a sauce, reserve the marinade and transfer it to a small saucepan. Simmer the marinade for 5 to 10 minutes before pouring over the cooked steaks.