This refreshing Moroccan salad combines crisp Romaine lettuce with sliced oranges. Adjust the sugar and orange flower water to your own tastes. The oranges will macerate as the salad chills, but if you'd like the salad to be extra juicy, include the optional orange juice. Serve well-chilled in individual bowls.
The salad is especially beautiful and delicious when blood oranges are in season.
- Wash and dry the Romaine lettuce leaves, discarding any leafy tips.
- Slice the lettuce into very thin strips.
- Peel the oranges, scrape off any excessive pith, and thinly slice or chop the oranges into small pieces.
- Gently stir the lettuce and oranges with the sugar, orange flower water, lemon juice, salt and orange juice.
- Cover and chill the salad for at least an hour before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|