This marinade adds fantastic Moroccan-style flavor to just about anything. It's important to make this in advance so the flavors have time to blend.
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL lemon juice
- 1/2 cup/120 mL olive oil
- 1/2 cup/120 mL ginger (fresh, minced)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL parsley (fresh, minced)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cumin (ground)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sherry
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL oregano (dried)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL turmeric
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL pepper (ground)
1. Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Marinate meats for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator. See Marinating Beef for marinating times.
2. Store marinade in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week after preparation. Prepare mixture 24 hours in advance before marinating meats. This will allow the flavors to bloom.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|