|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 45g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||43%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This chicken is so loaded up with great Moroccan inspired flavors, it will make you weak in the knees. Make sure you toast the cumin and coriander seeds so that the flavors are released.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1/2 cup/120 mL olive oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons/30 mL paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.25 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- Toast cumin and coriander seeds in a skillet over a high heat for 30 seconds until fragrant. Grind seeds in a mortar or in a spice grinder. Combine with olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Pour mixture over top and using tongs turn to coat. Seal bag and place in the refrigerator for at least 2-6 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard any remaining marinade. Grill chicken pieces over a medium fire for about 35-40 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 175 F.
- Once cooked through, remove chicken from grill and sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve over rice, couscous, or quinoa.
- If you would like to baste the chicken during the cooking process, simply double the marinade ingredients.Use half of the mixture as a marinade and reserve the other half to use as a baste while the chicken in on the grill. Apply baste after the first 20 minutes of cook time, and repeat the process about 3 times, until chicken has cooked through.