This mozzarella and Parmesan cheese dip recipe is one you'll want to add to your appetizer recipe repertoire. The cheeses are mixed with mayonnaise, sour cream, dried minced onion and oregano to make a flavorful and unusual dip. This is a no-bake, chilled dip for veggies, chips, pretzels, crackers, breadsticks and more. You might even try it on a baked potato or dolloped on cooked vegetables like steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Use fresh Parmesan cheese in your recipes whenever possible, preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano from Italy. The processed canned Parmesan cheese doesn't quite measure up. And if you want to take things a step further, you can make your own mayonnaise.
- 2 cups mayonnaise (or homemade mayonnaise)
- 1 cup/8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup/4 ounces cheese (shredded mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons cheese (grated good-quality Parmesan)
- 1 tablespoon onion (dried minced)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash salt (seasoned)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (crushed, dried)
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups good-quality mayonnaise or homemade mayonnaise, 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons grated good-quality Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon dried minced onion, 1 teaspoon sugar, dash garlic salt, dash seasoned salt, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano. Mix thoroughly. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve this mozzarella-Parmesan cheese dip with chips, pretzels, crackers, raw vegetables, breadsticks and even on a baked potato or dolloped on cooked vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.
More Cheese Dip Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|