|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 19g|
|Vitamin C 9mg||47%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Mrs. Claus' wildside punch is a fun and delicious holiday party punch with a little tequila inside. It's definitely not your average Christmas drink, so it's sure to grab some attention at your gathering.
The festive flavor of this punch comes from a combination of cranberry and pomegranate juices. It was created to feature X-Rated Fusion, a pretty pink liqueur with the flavor of blood orange, mango, and passion fruit. Add some tequila and it's all set! Possibly the best part—besides the amazing fruit flavor—is that everything is poured in equal amounts, so it can be quickly adapted to parties large and small.
Gather the ingredients.
Combine the ingredients in a punch bowl and stir well.
Serve the punch in ice-filled glasses, garnishing each with a lime twist. Enjoy.
- The standard bottle of liquor is 750ml (aka a "fifth") and that just happens to be the 3 cups needed for the recipe. There's no measuring required for the booze; simply pour a full bottle of the two spirits.
- Traditionally, the individual serving size for punch is 4 ounces. If you'll be pouring taller drinks for your guests, you will get fewer than 25 drinks.
- If you'd like to make a single cocktail, just shake 1 ounce of each ingredient and strain it into an old-fashioned glass (it also makes a lovely "martini" in a cocktail glass). There's no need for ice unless you'd like to add it.
- There's absolutely no reason why you can't use a cranberry-pomegranate juice blend instead of the individual juices. The flavor may be slightly different depending on how much of each juice is in the blend, but it will still be a great tasting punch and most people won't notice the difference.
- Put a little more holiday flair into this drink by garnishing each punch glass with a cinnamon stick. The flavor will slowly infuse into the drinks (a great pairing for the juices) and it doubles as a stir stick.
How Strong Is Mrs. Claus' Wildside Punch?
Without taking into account any dilution from the ice, this punch is surprisingly mild. All that juice brings the alcohol content down to a pleasant 14 percent ABV (28 proof). That's just slightly stronger than a glass of wine, so maybe Mrs. Claus isn't so wild after all!