Here are tips on how to use the Sunbeam's M'sieur Crepe Electric Crepe Maker passed down from my father that still work today.
- Wipe the domed part of the crepe maker with oil. Wipe off any excess.
- Set the machine to low.
- Place the pan on unit.
- Preheat it for 4 minutes. (Dad used a stopwatch; he was very precise.)
- Dip the inverted pan into the batter about 1/4 inch. (You can make the batter in a blender, let it sit for an hour, hand stir slightly, and pour it into a 9-inch glass pie plate.)
- Hold the pan in the batter for about 3 to 4 seconds.
- Bake for 1 to 1/2 minutes.*
- Invert crepe onto a plate.
- Put the pan back on the burner for a couple of seconds (to reheat pan) and then dip back into the batter.
- Got holes in your crepe? While crepe is baking, stand by with a spoon to quickly put a little batter over the hole. If you're serving your crepes wrapped around something, no one will notice the patches.
Is your Sunbeam's M'sieur Crepe Electric Crepemaker getting too old to use? The CucinaPro Crepe Maker is very similar. It's quite affordable as well.