|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Warm and inviting, the mulled spice cherry punch is a warm whiskey drink you can serve at all your winter parties. Mulled wine has long been a favorite and if you are looking for something a little bit different, this bourbon and cherry juice cocktail is an excellent option.
Featuring bourbon whiskey, cherry juice, and holiday spices, this recipe is a quick and easy drink to put together for a group of friends. It contains all of those fantastic spices that are commonly found in winter foods and drinks. There is a slight twist, though, and once you get a taste of warm root beer you may wonder where it has been all your life.
Gather the ingredients.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the cherry juice, whiskey, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and root beer.
Heat gently until the liquid begins to simmer.
Ladle into heated coffee cups. Garnish each with a cinnamon stick and orange slice.
Serve and enjoy!
- Bourbon is the whiskey of choice for this cocktail and almost any bourbon will work perfectly with the warm cherry and root beer mix.
- To contain the spices while making this drink, place them in a tea ball or bag and drop that inside the simmering liquid. This makes it easier to ladle the drink without getting nutmeg and allspice in every glass. Unless the cinnamon stick is small, it should not have to be contained.
- The root beer is used in this recipe as an accent flavor in the same manner that the spices are used. While 1/2 ounce will not make a big impact in a 40-ounce punch, the flavor is noticeable.
- Keep this punch warm all day long by skipping the saucepan and use your slow cooker instead. Give the mix a blast of heat by setting the cooker on high for an hour or two, then turn the temperature to low and let it rest until it's gone. Not only is this an easy way to serve hot drinks throughout the day, but it makes the house smell wonderful.
- This recipe makes about five 8-ounce servings and can easily be increased or decreased to fit the occasion. Be sure to keep the juice to whiskey ratio at 4:1.
- Using root beer for a warm drink is a fantastic idea that can be taken into other recipes. Beyond cherry, it pairs very well with pomegranate and apple cider.
How Strong Is a Mulled Spice Cherry Punch?
This is a very mild punch because the cherry juice is four times the volume of the whiskey. If you use an 80 proof whiskey, it would weigh in at right around 9% ABV weighs in right around 9 percent ABV (18 proof). It's like sharing a bottle of wine with your guests, only this drink will warm them up.