These delicious pork chops are first seasoned with a flavorful rub and then basted with a Muscadine-honey glaze. Reduce the ingredients if making less than 6-8 pork chops.
- 6-8 pork chops (the thicker the better)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL of salt
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL of Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL onion powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL of BBQ seasoning
- 1/2 cup/120 mL of muscadine juice
- 3/4 cup/160 mL of honey
Take the above dry ingredients and mix them together. Put the "rub" on all of the chops. A secret I have is that I put my chops in the bottom of my sink and then apply the rub. That way when I am done all I do is wash out the sink. Easy Cleanup!
If you can't find muscadine juice try 1/2 cup/120 mL of muscadine wine, or any sweet fruity wine. Muscadines grow wild here in the south and many wineries bottle the pure juice. Try POSTS Winery in Altus Arkansas they ship it nation wide.
Mix the juice and honey until it becomes syrup like in consistency.
Place chops on a medium-high heated grill, basting regularly with the glaze. cooking time varies with the thickness of the chops. Look for a temperature between 145-150 degrees F. Once cooked, remove chops from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.