|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A homemade pasta salad recipe with lots of fresh vegetables, including mushrooms, snow peas, bell pepper and fresh parsley in a red wine and Dijon vinaigrette dressing. This is a low-fat, vegetarian and vegan pasta salad recipe, and, if you use a gluten-free Dijon mustard, this recipe is suitable for those with gluten sensitivities too.
Recipe courtesy of the Wheat Foods Council.
Like pasta salads? Check out these meat-free pasta salad recipes:
- Classic Italian pasta salad recipe with bell peppers, olives and artichokes
- Gourmet fresh apricot pasta salad recipe
- Fresh asparagus pasta salad recipe
- Pasta salad with black olives and feta cheese
- Creamy vegetarian pasta salad recipe with artichoke hearts
- Summer avocado and rotini vegetarian pasta salad
- Easy bow tie pasta salad with healthy collard greens
- Meatless pasta primavera salad with bell peppers and broccoli
- Quick and easy vegetarian pasta salad with kidney beans
- More vegetarian and vegan pasta salad recipes to try
- 8 ounces wagon wheels, rotini or other medium pasta shape
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly.
In a large bowl, mix vegetable oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, oregano, thyme, parsley, and mushrooms. Add snow peas, peppers, and pasta; mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for one hour and serve.
Makes six servings of cold mushroom pasta salad with bell peppers and fresh parsley.