These tasty burgers are stuffed with sliced sauteed mushrooms and then they're broiled or grilled to perfection.
If you're looking for a burger recipe with a little something different, this burger recipe is an excellent choice.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef (lean ground)
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 medium eggs (slightly beaten)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (soft)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 6 slices cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or American)
- 6 large buns (split, toasted)
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, eggs, breadcrumbs, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
Shape the beef mixture into twelve thin (about 1/4-inch thick) patties.
In a skillet, melt the butter and sauté the mushrooms until just tender.
Place mushrooms on 6 of the patties.
Top with remaining patties and seal edges.
Broil, pan grill, or grill the burgers to your desired doneness.
Top each with a slice of cheese and let the cheese melt.
Serve on split toasted buns with lettuce and tomatoes, or condiments and vegetables of your choice.