A rich and delicious side dish casserole for mushroom lovers, this mushroom au gratin recipe is made with fresh mushrooms, sour cream, and cheese.
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss or Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. When butter is foamy, add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Whisk together the sour cream, egg yolk, and salt and pepper; stir into the mushrooms. Heat through, stirring.
- Spoon mushroom mixture into a shallow baking dish; sprinkle with the chopped parsley and shredded cheese.
- Bake at 425F for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|