If you haven't tried a mustard-based barbecue sauce then you are really missing out on something truly delicious. This sauce works well with almost any smoked or grilled meat but is especially perfect for pork.
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Place all ingredients into a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle simmer over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low and let the sauce simmer for an additional 25 to 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool completely to room temperature before placing into an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days after initial preparation. Rewarm before using.
If you are making this sauce for a whole hog, simply multiply the ingredients by 8.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|