If you really want to impress your guests, this is the recipe for you. This beef tenderloin is lightly seasoned and then served with a delicious mustard sauce.
- 4 beef tenderloin fillets
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tablespoons (30 mL) pineapple preserves
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
1. Mix together mustard, vinegar, olive oil, pineapple preserves, tarragon and pepper. Simmer in a saucepan until evenly heated. Keep warm.
2. Preheat grill. Lightly pound fillets with kitchen mallet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
3. Remove from grill. Place about 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of mustard mixture on a plate and place fillet onto the sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|