These racks of lamb are coated in herbs and shallot flavored mustard marinade then seared on the grill. You can finish them off indirectly to keep the surface moist while the inside gets cooked through.
- 2 racks of lamb (8 ribs each)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL white wine
- 5-6 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
Trim racks of all visible fat. Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Place lamb in a large glass baking dish. Spread mixture over lamb, carefully cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 6-24 hours.
Preheat grill. Place lamb on grill over medium-high heat and sear for a couple of minutes per side, reduce heat or move off of direct heat and continue grilling until the internal temperature reaches 140 to 150 degrees F.
(60 to 65 degrees C.) or about 15 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove from heat and let rest for about 5 minutes before carving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|