|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||16%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A flavorful dip is always welcome on the party food buffet, and this quick recipe is perfect to serve alongside both hot and cold appetizers. This simple dipping sauce is made with only 4 ingredients: mayonnaise, yellow and Dijon mustards, and dried dill. Serve alongside chicken wings, sausage balls, crab cakes, or chicken strips, as well as fresh vegetables, chips, and hard and soft pretzels. You can also use this mayo-mustard mixture as a sandwich spread; the flavor combination is ideal with turkey, chicken, and ham, making a ho-hum lunch a little more exciting.
1 cup mayonnaise
2 to 3 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried dill (dill weed)
Gather the ingredients.
In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, mustards, and dill.
Mix gently until all of the ingredients are combined evenly.
Serve immediately or refrigerate in a covered container for later.
- Feel free to swap out the yellow mustard for a grainy mustard, or, if you'd like to add a little kick, use a spicy mustard instead.
- Include a bit of horseradish and Worcestershire sauce to give this dip another layer of flavor.
- Although dill and mustard are a perfect match, you can use a different herb if you prefer. Tarragon is a natural choice to go along with the mayo and mustard, but parsley, chives, and even cilantro would add a nice touch.
- Toss in some chopped scallions or minced garlic.
- If you're craving a bit of sweetness, squeeze in a little honey, or, if spicy is your thing, a few drops of your favorite hot sauce.
- For a creamier version of this dip, include some sour cream.
- To make this dip a little healthier, substitute light mayo for regular.
Ways to Use This Dip
This simple recipe can take standard hors-d'oeuvres and sandwiches to the next level.
- Mini crab cakes are wonderful with a dollop of the sauce.
- The mayo-mustard combination is the perfect counterpoint for spicy fried chicken fingers.
- It's also delicious with shrimp cocktail or other fresh seafood.
- For something a little different, try dipping the British version of pigs in a blanket, where bacon is wrapped around a cocktail sausage and baked.
- Spread on a sandwich of turkey, brie cheese, tomato, and arugula on whole grain bread.
- Mix into shredded or cubed chicken for a quick chicken salad; add some fresh herbs and some slivered almonds for added texture, color, and flavor.