|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard team up to make this tasty dip. Bring extra color and flavor to the dip with some finely chopped parsley, or mix in some chopped chives, green onions, cilantro, or red bell pepper. The versatile dip can be toned down with less mustard, or add extra mustard or a tablespoon of horseradish for a stronger, sharper flavor.
This easy mustard mayonnaise dipping sauce is delicious with pigs in a blanket, soft pretzels, hot dog or sausage snacks, or serve it with chicken fingers or wings. Add some prepared horseradish and serve it as a condiment along with roast beef or corned beef dinner, or use it as a spread on sandwiches.
The recipe makes about 2/3 cup of dip (about eight 1-tablespoon servings). It is easily scaled up for a party.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (high quality)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (full fat)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (full fat or reduced fat)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, chopped)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon red bell pepper (finely minced)
In a small bowl, combine the mustard, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Stir until thoroughly blended.
If desired, add 2 to 3 teaspoons of fresh chopped parsley.
This dip has a nice mustard flavor, good for hot dog snacks, soft pretzels, or chicken wings.
Make the dip a few hours in advance for best flavor. Cover the container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- For tangier flavor, add a teaspoon or two of apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, or lemon juice to the dip.
- For a Dijonnaise sandwich spread, replace the sour cream with more mayonnaise and decrease the Dijon mustard to 1 to 2 tablespoons, or to taste. When made with all mayonnaise and no sour cream, the dip will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Spice the dip up with a dash of Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper, or add earthy, warm flavors with a bit of curry powder.