Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe
This mustard vinaigrette recipe is one of the simplest variations on the basic vinaigrette formula and a delicious salad dressing in its own right.
- 3/4 cup salad oil (see note)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt to taste
- White pepper to taste (or freshly ground black pepper)
- Combine the mustard and vinegar in a glass or stainless steel bowl and whisk them together briefly.
- Place the mustard-vinegar mixture along with the oil and seasonings in a blender and mix for about 10 seconds or until fully combined.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and let stand for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. Give the dressing a good whisk immediately before serving.
Note: Any oil labeled "vegetable oil" or "salad oil" is fine for this basic recipe.
You can also use any light, neutral-flavored oil like safflower, canola or soybean oil.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|