This is a quick simple mustard marinade that tenderizes and adds flavor. It works really well on pork or poultry, however, it can also be used on vegetables or vegetable substitutes like tofu or seitan.
- 1/3 cup/80 mL Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL dry sage
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL dry bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- Mix together mustard and vinegar. Add minced garlic, dried sage, bay leaves, salt and black pepper. Using a whisk, combine mixture while slowly adding oil. This will create an emulsion, blending the oil into the remaining ingredients. Let mixture stand for 5 to 10 minutes so flavors can combine.
- Use right away or store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days after preparation.
- Marinate pork for up to 12 hours, chicken for 4 to 8 hours, vegetables and vegetable substitutes for 30 to 60 minutes. Cook as directed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|