Want a tasty, wholesome meal you can cook in really quickly? Try Mutter Mushroom Ki Subzi. Once your ingredients are prepared, it literally takes a few minutes to cook!
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- About 1 pound/500 g. button mushrooms (cleaned and cut into quarters)
- 1 large onion (chopped finely)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 2 tbsp. vegetable cooking oil (or canola or sunflower oil)
- Garnish: coriander (fresh, chopped)
Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan, on a medium flame. When hot, add the cumin seeds and fry till spluttering stops.
Add the garlic and fry till pale golden. Now add the onions and fry till soft.
Add the peas and mushrooms and the powdered spices. Add salt to taste and cook till the mushrooms begin to give off their juices. Stir occasionally. Turn off the fire.