The Bottom Line
This is a basic, relatively expensive gas grill similar in many ways to the Weber Genesis. Manufactured in Canada by Napoleon, this is a high-quality grill that is built to last and cook with a high, even heat. What you don't get with this grill is a lot of extras (unless you want to pay for them), but you do get a grill that you can count on due to superior engineering and solid components.
If you are willing to sacrifice fancy for quality then this is definitely a gas grill to look at.
- High-quality stainless steel burners
- Even, versatile heating
- Heavy porcelain coated cooking grates
- Quality construction
- A basic grill for a relatively high cost
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 500 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 760 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Electric "Jetfire" ignition
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel, cast aluminum, and porcelain-enameled steel construction
- Available in stainless steel and black enamel
- Cover, propane tank, and rotisserie sold separately
- Made in Canada by Napoleon Grills
Guide Review - Napoleon Prestige P500
In 2012, Napoleon super-sized their main line of gas grills taking them from three to four burners and increasing the primary grilling space from 450 square inches to 500.
This gives a bigger grill with an even higher heat output. The P500 is the most basic of the Prestige line offering nothing more than a simple 4-burner gas grill. Of course, it still contains all of the Napoleon features that make these great grills.
At the heart of any good gas grill is the cooking system.
Everything else is just cosmetics. Unfortunately, many grill makers put more flash and substance in their grills. Napoleon, like a small handful of companies, makes a good grill. The high-quality stainless steel burners produce a high, even temperature; while the porcelain coated cooking grates in the wave pattern give excellent heat contact.
Napoleon grills have excellent construction from high-quality components. This is a grill on par with grills by Weber or Broil-King.
Napoleon's Jetfire ignition is a small gas jet ignited by an electric spark that shoots a burst of flame over the burners. This causes a quick and dependable flame.