|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 40g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||108%|
|Total Carbohydrate 62g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A jar of spaghetti sauce and classic lasagna cheeses and seasonings makes this a delicious meal. The slow cooker makes it a snap to prepare and cook.
Serve it with garlic bread and a simple tossed green salad or a Caesar salad for a complete meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1 (1-pound 8-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Vegetable shortening (for greasing crock pot insert)
- 1 (8-ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
Gather the ingredients.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef with the onion until the beef is no longer pink.
Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute longer. Drain off any grease.
Add the spaghetti sauce to the browned ground beef mixture. Mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, milk, and egg until well blended and smooth.
Add the mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan, blending thoroughly.
Grease the bottom and sides of the slow cooker crockery insert with vegetable shortening.
Put about one-quarter of the meat and sauce mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Put a layer of noodles on top of that (break or cut them if needed).
Put about one-third of the cheese mixture on top of that.
Repeat with sauce, noodles, cheese for another 2 layers. Top with meat sauce.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
Slice, serve, and enjoy with some garlic bread and a side salad.
You Might Also Like
- Favorite Meaty Lasagna Recipe: An oven baked recipe with lots of meat and cheese.
- Perfect Spinach Lasagna: An excellent vegetarian choice and always a hit!
- Cottage Cheese Crock Pot Lasagna: The seasonings are similar to the above recipe, however, it's made with cottage cheese and a homemade tomato sauce.
- Beef and Sausage Crock Pot Lasagna: This is made with a combination of both ground beef and sausage.