A jar of spaghetti sauce and classic lasagna cheeses and seasonings makes this a delicious meal, and the slow cooker makes it a snap to prepare and cook.
Serve it with garlic bread and a simple tossed green salad or a Caesar salad.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1 large jar spaghetti sauce (such as Ragu in the 1 lb. 10-ounce jar)
- 1 (8-ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef with the onion until the beef is no longer pink. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute longer. Drain off any grease.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the browned ground beef mixture. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, milk, and egg until well blended and smooth. Add the mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan, blending thoroughly.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the slow cooker crockery insert with vegetable shortening.
- Put about one-quarter of the meat and sauce mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker. Put a layer of noodles on top of that (break or cut them if needed). Put about one-third of the cheese mixture on top of that. Repeat with sauce, noodles, cheese for another 2 layers. Top with meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
Note: Another version you might like is Meg's crock pot lasagna. The seasonings are similar but it's made with cottage cheese and a homemade tomato sauce. Char's lasagna for the slow cooker is made with Italian sausage, and Frank's crock pot lasagna is made with a combination of both ground beef and sausage.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|