This potato salad recipe is a well-seasoned combination, and the new potatoes give it a special flavor. It's the perfect potato salad to prepare for your big cookout, or take it to a summer potluck.
- 2 pounds new potatoes (or small round white potatoes, unpeeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 hard-cooked eggs (peeled, chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups minced celery
- 1/2 to 1 cup sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles (with some juice)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Garnish: dusting of paprika
- Scrub the potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes. If very small, you might want to leave them whole.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water to about an inch above the potatoes. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and boil potatoes until tender.
- Drain and let cool.
- Combine potatoes with chopped egg, celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, sweet pickle, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Stir in a little parsley if using, then sprinkle paprika over top.
More Potato Salad Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|