|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
You've had chopped onions on a hot dog before, but this onion sauce is the traditional topping for a New York hot dog.
- 3 yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) marinara sauce (bottled spaghetti sauce)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
1. Sauté garlic and onions in olive oil.
3. Remove from heat and use as a topping to grilled or boiled hot dogs. Mixture will keep for 3 to 4 days stored in an airtight container in refrigerator. Reheat before using.