New York style cheesecake is always popular, made with cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and a strawberry whipped cream topping.
- For the Crust:
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- For the Filling:
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (for garnish)
- 1 cup whipped cream (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas Mark 3) .
- Combine crust ingredients and press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk; beat until smooth. Add flour, eggs, and vanilla; beat until sell blended. Pour into prepared crust. Wrap the bottom of the springform pan in heavy-duty foil; place the pan in a shallow baking pan, such as a jelly roll pan.
- Put the pans in the oven and add about 2 cups of hot water to the shallow baking pan, or to a depth of about 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until lightly browned. The cheesecake will be just slightly jiggly in the center. Cool.
- Chill and garnish with dollops of whipped cream around edge and sliced fresh strawberries.
You Might Also Like:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||68 g|
|Saturated Fat||40 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|