Nicholas McClelland is a freelance writer who covers whisk(e)y and spirits for The Spruce Eats. His work has appeared in Men’s Journal, Fatherly, Inside Hook, TIME and more.
- Nicholas has written for Dotdash since April 2019.
- His work has appeared in Men’s Journal, Fatherly, Inside Hook and TIME.
- Nicholas has a degree in journalism from The Missouri School of Journalism at the University of Missouri.
Nicholas has previously contributed to Men’s Journal, Fatherly, Inside Hook, and TIME. He's a fanatic for whiskeys from all over the world, gaga for golf, a passionate gearhead, and a slightly obsessive parent. Before he started covering fun things like booze, sports, and style, he was an award-winning picture editor and photojournalist. You can follow Nicholas on Twitter and Instagram @obiwankanbogey.
Nicholas has a degree in journalism from The Missouri School of Journalism at the University of Missouri.
- The Resurgence of a Scotch Whisky Region That Almost Disappeared, Men's Journal
- 12 Great Bottles of Whiskey That Will Make Dad’s Day, Fatherly
- Expert Advice: How to Collect Rare Whiskey on a Budget, Inside Hook
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.