It seems that hot summer weather doesn't diminish anyone's sweet tooth! These easy and cool no cook dessert recipes use ice cream, frozen yogurt, fresh fruits, prepared cakes and cookies, and purchased pie crusts for easy preparation and no heat at all. Try some of these summer dessert recipes for lots of flavor, satisfying texture - and sweet taste.
Tips for Making No Cook Desserts
- Use the best fruits you can find; perfectly ripe and fresh.
- If using frozen fruits, do not thaw before adding to the recipe, unless the recipe tells you to.
- If a dessert is frozen, remove it from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving to make slicing easier. You don't want these desserts rock hard; they are best slightly softened, so you can really taste all of the flavors and so they are easier to eat.
- Be sure to tightly cover these recipes in the refrigerator and freezer so they don't pick up undesirable flavors as they are chilling.
- Think about changing the recipe to suit your tastes by adding or subtracting ingredients.
Feel free to substitute whatever fruits look wonderful from your backyard garden, farmer's market or grocery store in any of these recipes. Just use your intuition and favorite flavor combinations because these recipes are foolproof, and fun!
No Cook Summer Desserts
- Cheesecake Tartlets
These little tartlets are so cute and so delicious.
- Strawberry Lemon Mousse Tartlets
Little tartlet shells are filled with strawberry sherbet, then topped with a creamy no cook lemon cheesecake. Then frozen. Then you eat them. Yum.
- Fruit Fool
With just three ingredients, this recipe should be a summer staple! Use any flavor of pie filling and you never need serve the same dessert twice.
- Cantaloupe Popsicles
Make these delicious little pops for your kids and sneak a bit of nutrition into their summer snacking.
- Lemonade Pie
Once again, just three ingredients! This pretty pie can be made with other flavors of fruit juice concentrate too. Let your imagination soar!
- Pineapple Orange Pops
These nutritious and delicious little popsicles can (say it with me!) be made with any combination of fruit and juice concentrate.
- Peanut Chocolate Parfait Bars
If you love peanut butter and chocolate, this is the summer dessert for you. It's luscious.
- Rocky Road Frozen Sandwiches
Your kids will adore this recipe - and they'll love making it too! About 15 minutes of preparation (depending on how much eating of the ingredients goes on) and these little sandwiches are ready for the freezer.
- Graham Cracker Icebox Cake
This old fashioned dessert must be refrigerated at least four hours to let the graham crackers soften, so plan ahead!
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets
This super simple dessert is so pretty and so delicious.
- Rocky Road Pie
What's not to like? Keep a supply of ready made graham cracker pie crusts on hand so you can make this pie anytime.
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Icebox Dessert
Another three ingredient recipe! This one tastes like it took hours to make, but it doesn't!
- Chocolate Chocolate Icebox Dessert
This recipe is a variation on Old Fashioned Chocolate Icebox Dessert, but uses more chocolate. Yum.
- Easy Tartufo
I love this simple recipe. Pile a few into sherbet glasses and top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce for a very fancy sundae.
- Fastest Cheesecake
This no-bake cheesecake is made using cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice. Be sure you use full-fat ingredients and real lemon juice for recipe success.
- Fastest Chocolate Cheesecake
Add chocolate to no-bake cheesecake for a sumptuous dessert that is cool to make and eat.
- Sorbet Parfait
Four ingredients, ten minutes preparation time, and a great dessert!
- Creamy Raspberry Dessert
This beautiful dessert is very easy to make and would be a fabulous end to a Mexican dinner party.
One more tip: since these recipes use no heat, they are ideal for your kids to make. Children love to be in the kitchen, and it's good for them to see how easy it is to whip up something wonderful. And it's something fun to do on a rainy summer day!