|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||12%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These quick and easy no-bake cookies use ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Kids especially love these peanut butter cookies because they can help out with the cooking process without the dangers associated with using the oven. In fact, if you'd like, you can even make these cookies in the microwave. It is the perfect recipe for hot days when you are craving cookies but don't want to heat up the kitchen by firing up the oven.
For this recipe be sure to use quick-cooking rolled oats, not regular, steel-cut, or rolled, or instant oatmeal. These peanut butter cookies can also easily be made into bars.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
Gather the ingredients. Cover a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, place the sugar, milk, butter, and salt. Stir frequently and bring to a boil. Boil for 90 seconds.
Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until peanut butter melts and the mixture is smooth.
Stir in the quick-cooking oats and blend well.
Drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and allow to cool and chill until firm. When ready to serve, gently peel away the cookies from the waxed paper or parchment paper.
Enjoy! Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator between pieces of parchment paper or waxed paper for up to one week.
These no-bake peanut butter cookies are the perfect treat on their own, but they are also a blank slate for creativity and innovation. With a few little twists you can transform the basic recipe into new and exciting cookies. Kids love getting creative in the kitchen and being part of the recipe creation.
- Bars: Pour the mixture into a 9-inch square pan that has been greased with unsalted butter. Chill and harden in the refrigerator and then cut into squares to serve.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies: Mix in 1/4 cup of cocoa powder with the sugar mixture.
- Coconut Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies: Substitute 1 cup of shredded coconut for 1 cup of the quick-cooking oats.
- Crunchy No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies: Prepare as directed but substitute 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for 1/2 cup of the quick-cooking oats. Chunky peanut butter can also be used.
- Fancy No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies: Once the cookies are cooled and firm in the refrigerator, melt 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or white chocolate morsels in the microwave. Using a spoon drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies. Return to the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened.