No Churn Maple Bacon Ice Cream is the perfect salty, sweet summer treat! It is filled with real maple syrup, candied bacon, and a touch of vanilla! The recipe couldn't be easier to throw together and only has a few ingredients!
Ice Cream may seem intimidating to make at home, but this no churn recipe makes it so simple! No churn means you don't need an ice cream maker to create this recipe! All you need is a whisk or hand mixer! By whipping the cream you create the texture needed for ice cream without needing a large and bulky appliance. After you whip the cream you add in the delicious maple flavor and top it with homemade candied bacon. Throw it in the freezer for a few hours and voila!
You can use this ice cream base for any kind of ice cream. Keep the ratio of the whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk the same and simply change the flavors and mix ins! Think about adding nuts, chocolate pieces, or a caramel swirl! You can find most flavor extracts at Whole Foods or other shops that specialize in baking or cake decorating items!
- 1/2 lb. of bacon
- About 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. of maple extract
- 2 tablespoons of real maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Coat both sides of each slice of bacon with the brown sugar. The best strategy is to place the brown sugar on a plate and place the bacon over the top, packing the brown sugar on one side and then flipping.
- Place the coated bacon onto a cooling rack that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place the cooling rack over an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until they the strips of bacon look caramelized and firm. Keep a close watch on them and make sure they do not burn!
- Let the bacon cool slightly, so that it is no longer stick and remove it from the cooling rack. Place on a piece of parchment paper and allow them to continue to cool.
- Whip the cream with a whisk, hand mixer, or KitchenAid with the whisk attachment until it forms sturdy peaks, be careful not to whip for too long (it will become butter).
- Gently whisk the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and maple extract into the whipped cream until it is completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a large casserole or baking dish.
- Chop the candied bacon and sprinkle over the top of the ice cream. Freeze for about 6 hours (make sure it is nice and firm!), drizzle with the maple syrup and serve! After it has frozen you may transfer the ice cream into a plastic container with a secure lid and continue to keep frozen for up to 3 months.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||53 g|
|Saturated Fat||27 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|