This broccoli quiche recipe includes cheese and eggs. Made without a crust, it's lighter than the classic quiche. The broccoli is cooked separately and arranged on the baked quiche along with tomato wedges.
Crustless Broccoli Quiche
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen broccoli spears
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, flour, and seasonings; beat until well blended. Stir in half-and-half; stir in cheese, onion, and pimiento.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter until butter is melted.
- Arrange broccoli in spoke fashion on top of pie. Place tomato wedges in center. Serve immediately.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|