This easy eggless and mayonnaise-free vegetarian and vegan potato salad recipe is great for a picnic, since you don't have to worry about refrigeration. It's also got a healthy dash of green veggies, including green peas and kale, so you'll be getting some vitamins and fiber too. You may also want to try this vegan recipe for classic American potato salad or a veganized German potato salad that can be served hot or cold.
As well as vegetarian and vegan, this potato salad recipe is also naturally gluten-free.
- 3 large potatoes or (baking potatoes or 7-8 small potatoes, lightly boiled and sliced into 2-inch chunks)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 2 ribs celery (diced)
- 2 cups green peas (frozen, dethawed)
- 4 green onions (diced)
- Optional: 2 leaves kale (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground, or to taste)
- Be careful not to over-boil the potatoes. They shouldn't be too soft so that they fall apart. Allow to cool before chopping into pieces.
- Gently toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Add more salt and pepper, to taste. Its that easy - enjoy!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|