So easy to make and decadently delicious, this Nutella no-bake cheesecake is sure to make you swoon.
Nutella is the brand name of a sweet chocolate and hazelnut spread made by the Italian company Ferrero. It was first introduced in the 1960s and remains extremely popular to this day. In fact, Ferrero uses 25 percent of the global supply of hazelnuts!
Nutella, cream cheese, and non-dairy whipped topping come together in this easy, no-bake dessert. All that flavor is contained in a crispy chocolate cookie crust. To further showcase the signature hazelnut flavor of the Nutella, the cheesecake is topped with a sweetened whipped cream flavored with hazelnut liqueur. Finally, toasted and chopped hazelnuts garnish the dish just before serving. The result is an easy, but elegant dessert that is sure to impress your guests.
- For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookies (finely ground)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- For the Nutella Filling:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 (13-ounce) jar hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping (thawed)
- For the Hazelnut Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut liqueur (such as Frangelico)
- Garnish: Whole hazelnuts (toasted and roughly chopped)
Gather the ingredients.
In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate cookie wafer crumbs with the melted butter.
To create cookie crumbs for the crust, simply pulse chocolate wafer cookies in a food processor until they are finely ground.
Press the moist crumbs into the bottom and one inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set in the refrigerator to firm up.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, Nutella, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
Gently fold in the non-dairy whipped topping.
Pour the filling into the prepared crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate for about 4-6 hours or until firm.
In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream with confectioners’ sugar and hazelnut liqueur to make whipped cream.
Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and place on a cake plate. Pipe hazelnut whipped cream around the rim of the cheesecake.
Garnish with toasted hazelnuts.
Cut into wedges to serve. Store remaining cheesecake in the refrigerator.
Toasting hazelnuts not only helps to remove their outer skin, but it also enhances the flavor of the nuts.
To toast hazelnuts:
- Spread out the raw hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and roast at 350 F for 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
- To remove the outer skin, rub with a clean kitchen towel.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts for this recipe or store in an airtight container in the freezer to maintain freshness.