Nutella Oreo Truffles are a twist on traditional Oreo Truffles. Chopped hazelnuts and chocolate-hazelnut spread are added to crushed cookies and cream cheese, to form melt-in-your-mouth truffles with a strong chocolate and hazelnut flavor.
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (
- 1 pound chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 12 ounces chocolate candy coating
- Optional: white or milk chocolate for drizzling
- Finely chop the toasted hazelnuts and set aside for now.
- Place the cookies in the bowl of a food processor and process in short intervals until they are fine crumbs. Alternately, place them in a large zip-top plastic bag and roll over them with a rolling pin until they are completely crushed.
- Combine the crushed cookies, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and softened cream cheese in a large bowl and stir until completely mixed. Add the chopped hazelnuts to the cookie mixture, and stir those in as well. Press a layer of cling wrap on top and refrigerate the truffle mix for half an hour, until firm enough to scoop.
- Use a teaspoon or small candy scoop to form the mixture into small balls. Roll them between your palms to get them completely round.
- Melt the chocolate candy coating, and dip each truffle into the melted coating. Place it on a foil-lined baking sheet to set completely. If desired, drizzle melted white or milk chocolate over the tops of the truffles for decoration.
- Store Nutella Oreo Truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. For best taste and texture, bring them to room temperature before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|