Turn Nutter Butter cookies into delicious truffles! You need only a few ingredients to make these easy peanut butter candies. Dip them in chocolate and top them with a big pinch of peanuts for an irresistible sweet and salty treat.
- 1 lb peanut butter cookies (about 32 Nutter Butters cookies or similar)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6.5 oz./2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 lb. chocolate candy coating
- 1/4 cup peanuts (coarsely chopped)
- Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse them until they are fine crumbs. If you don't have a food processor, place the cookies in a large zip-top plastic bag, and use a rolling pin to crush them into fine crumbs.
- Transfer the cookie crumbs to a large bowl. Add the softened cream cheese and peanut butter, and stir with a spoon until the mixture is smooth, without any dry patches. It should be easy to mold into balls, but not too sticky or wet.
- Use a small candy scoop or a teaspoon to shape the candy mixture into small 1-inch balls. Roll them between your hands to get them perfectly round, and place them on a cookie sheet covered with parchment or waxed paper.
- Refrigerate the tray for at least an hour to firm up the Nutter Butter truffles before dipping them.
- After the candy centers have chilled, place the chocolate candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
- Using dipping tools or a fork, dip each peanut ball in the chocolate candy coating and place it back on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a big pinch of chopped peanuts on top of each truffle while the chocolate is still wet. Repeat until all of the truffles are dipped and decorated.
- Refrigerate the truffles to set the chocolate for about 20 minutes.
- Store Nutter Butter Truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- For the best taste and texture, let them come to room temperature before serving.
Craving more? Check out these recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|