|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 62g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|Total Sugars 43g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Loaded with oatmeal cookies, this oat milk milkshake is crunchy, creamy, and decadent all at once. Crispy oatmeal cookies are crushed in to complete this milkshake—to make them vegan, we swapped the butter for shortening. You can also purchase vegan oatmeal cookies to use.
If you’re looking to really take this to the next level, top with vegan whipped cream, more crushed cookies, and more caramel sauce. We’ve included links to all of the recipes needed to make the cookies, caramel sauce, and oat milk from scratch, but you can also buy all of these ingredients at the store. You can also make this with non-vegan ingredients. It’s a delicious milkshake either way.
This recipe makes enough for two milkshakes but you can easily cut it in half or double for more or less people.
Gather the ingredients. Chill glasses in the freezer.
Scoop the pint of ice cream into a blender. Add the vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, oat milk, and oatmeal cookies. Blend on high speed until blended, but leaving the cookie bits still partially intact.
Drizzle the caramel sauce into the inside of each glass.
Pour the milkshake into each glass. Top with vegan whipped cream, more caramel sauce, and cookie crumbles, if you wish.
- Make sure to use crunchy cookies for this recipe. If you use soft and chewy oatmeal cookies you will lose the crunchy aspect of the milkshake. We made the cookie part of this recipe and just replaced the butter with shortening in order to make it vegan. It's a crunchy oatmeal cookie that is super easy to make.
- Make the caramel sauce, oat milk, and cookies ahead of time and use them for other recipes too.
- Make sure to chill the glasses before filling. This helps keep the milkshake colder longer and keeps the caramel sauce from dripping to the bottom of the glass.
- Making oat milk is super inexpensive and easy. Try your hand at making it at home instead of buying it from the store.
- To make a chocolate oatmeal cookie milkshake, add in 2 tablespoons of Nutella hazelnut spread before blending.
- Consider using chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, or oatmeal raisin or iced oatmeal cookies.
- Leave out the caramel sauce if you wish. The milkshake still tastes delicious without it.