|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This tangy dish tastes great with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread) and Lehsuni Daal (garlic flavored lentils).
- 500 gms okra tops and tails removed and then cut into 1" pieces
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp onions seeds
- 2 large onions cut into slices
- 2 large tomatoes cut into cubes
- 2 tsps coriander
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsps yogurt
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Garnish: coriander, chopped
Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin and onion seeds. When they stop spluttering, add the sliced onions.
Fry till the onions are golden. Add all the spices and stir well. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add the okra and mix. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, yogurt and salt to taste and mix well.
Cook till okra is soft.