This tangy dish tastes great with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread) and Lehsuni Daal (garlic flavored lentils).
- 500 gms okra tops and tails removed and then cut into 1" pieces
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp onions seeds
- 2 large onions cut into slices
- 2 large tomatoes cut into cubes
- 2 tsps coriander
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsps yogurt
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Garnish: coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin and onion seeds. When they stop spluttering, add the sliced onions.
- Fry till the onions are golden. Add all the spices and stir well. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add the okra and mix. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, yogurt and salt to taste and mix well.
- Cook till okra is soft.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread) and Lehsuni Daal (garlic flavored lentils).
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)