This is an old-fashioned spiced bread pudding recipe made with cinnamon and raisins. Serve this delicious pudding with the dessert sauce of your choice.
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups cubed or torn stale bread
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat the milk just until scalded. Place bread cubes in a bowl; pour hot milk over bread. Cool. Add the sugar, salt, nutmeg or cinnamon, eggs, and raisins.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set. Serve with a dessert sauce or whipped topping.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|